Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf governance (Re: About the DC15 entity and authority (was: DebConf 15 Legal Entity)

Hi!

We discussed this all day long in the debconf15 IRC channel. And we
found that we are basically in agreement with the following statement:

The association (Verein) is just a legal entity for contract
signing/liability limitation/money transactions, but for DebConf
decision processes, the membership and board are irrelevant.  We will
strive to achieve consensus whenever possible, and follow normal
decision taking processes when consensus is not possible.

Also, we strive not to repeat the errors made in the past. So, please,
do mention them, so that we are aware of them, but don't assume we
will make the same mistakes.

--
Besos,
Marga