Re: [Debconf-team] Rough timeline idea for DC15 and the CfP

also sprach Ana Guerrero Lopez <ana@debian.org> [2014-12-04 11:34 +0100]:
> IIRC, in summit you need to register for attending the conference
> before sending an event. So registration must definitively be open
> before the CFP.

Well, strictly speaking, all you need to be able to do at the time
of event submission is log in. Registration can come later. However,
I see your point and there is no reason really not to let people do
it both at once.

Otoh, publishing the CfP a little earlier does allow people to think
about it before registration.

Turning it around: are there reasons *not* to publish the CfP in
Jan/Feb?

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org