[Debconf-team] Dealing better with blind registrations (was: Rough timeline idea for DC15 and the CfP)

also sprach Giacomo Catenazzi <cate@debian.org> [2014-12-04 11:49 +0100]:
> Registering blindly is very common.  So we have also the
> reconfirmation deadline later.  And really many people change
> plans (few days, cancelling attendance, ...). And it happens also
> with speakers.

Yeah, and this complicates orga for all of us, really. Since we
don't charge for registration, the only other idea I have to prevent
people from registering blindly and then not showing up is to record
this and consider such "bad behaviour" in the future, e.g. when
making bursary decisions, when the conference is "too full" (if this
ever happens), or when accepting talks. But this would need to be
communicated clearly in advance.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org