Re: [Debconf-team] General schedule proposal for dc15

Steve Langasek dijo [Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 12:47:43PM -0700]:
> > Interesting suggestion, which leaves only the aspect that these
> > sessions could also serve to provide an incentive for people to show
> > up and pay courtesy to the first speaker of the day.
>
> There's also the aspect that morning is the optimal time to communicate
> new information that's come to light overnight.  You can't use an after
> lunch slot to communicate information to attendees that's relevant to the
> morning sessions.

...We could also explicitly expect everybody to look at
http://debconfXX.debconf.org/announcements.html at least once a day
(or to follow a RSS feed). I don't think requiring people to sit at a
daily announcements session is needed.