Re: [Debconf-team] General schedule proposal for dc15

On 09/21/2014 12:47 PM, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 08:55:37PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
>> also sprach Allison Randal <allison@lohutok.net> [2014-09-21 20:06 +0200]:
>>> The best time for this kind of segment is right after lunch
>>> [...], so you naturally have a larger gathered audience.
>
>> Interesting suggestion, which leaves only the aspect that these
>> sessions could also serve to provide an incentive for people to show
>> up and pay courtesy to the first speaker of the day.
>
> There's also the aspect that morning is the optimal time to communicate
> new information that's come to light overnight.  You can't use an after
> lunch slot to communicate information to attendees that's relevant to the
> morning sessions.

<shrug> It's something that varies a lot with the culture of the
conference. For this particular conference, after sitting at the front
desk every day of DC14, and watching the traffic patterns of session
attendance, if I were setting a schedule, I would put hacking time in
the morning, and scheduled sessions in the afternoon. Totally not my
call though, and I won't mention it again. :)

Whatever the schedule, make sure you repeat any important information
from verbal announcements on the debconf-discuss or debconf-announce
mailing list.

Allison