Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf orga/governance sessions at DC14

As someone who is relatively new to DebConf, not Debian, but who jumped into the deep end:

* There is obviously frustration in a lot of places, this is not good.
* As someone who helped spearhead the successful DC15 bid, I found the process opaque, inefficient, ill-designed, and... frustrating
* Timelines were ignored or redefined on the fly. Again, not good.

I will not be present so I can't participate, but I have known of tension for a full year now and next to nothing, that I can see, has happened.

I can not see how referring this discussion to mailing lists instead of a once-yearly possibility of meeting in person is helping; especially since there has been a year of de facto inactivity.
If this discussion is not needed/wanted at all it should be communicated clearly. If it's useful, please let it start at some point.

Richard

Sent by mobile; excuse my brevity.