Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf governance discussion

Hi,

Le mardi, 19 août 2014, 04.51:47 Martín Ferrari a écrit :
> One idea would be to meet for dinner with each of the dc14 and dc15
> teams, and with the other long-term team members that are not part of
> the local teams. Ideally, we would do this at the beginning of the
> week, so we can continue scheduling meetings depending on what
> emerges.

I don't think silo'ing the various DC** teams when discussing will lead
to an improvement, much the contrary. _If_ part of the problem is that
DC** teams are silo'ed, talking to them independently is reinforcing
this issue rather than helping it.

I think the DebConf Team (including as many physically present present
and past DebConf Team members) should first sit to state what problem
we're trying to solve together. Without a vision and a common
understanding of the problem, I don't think a top-down problem-solving
from the chairs will help. In particular, doing so would reinforce the
chairs' position. As I tend to think that part of the problem _is_
specifically the chairs' role [0] in DebConf organization, I would much
prefer a wide discussion forum to draft out what the problems are and
what paths we would be scouting to solve each of those.

The above was a long paragraph to state that I currently prefer
madduck's proposal to yours.

With my best regards,

OdyX

[0] And by that I don't mean "What the people currently acting as chairs
are doing" but rather "The 'Chair' role (no matter who incarnates it)
within the current DebConf Team organization".