Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf governance discussion

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 02:32:30PM +0200, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:

<lots of snipping>

> The above was a long paragraph to state that I currently prefer
> madduck's proposal to yours.

Agreed. Taking our comments when we're separated isn't going to resolve
anything.  And, if anything, fully encourages me to make sure I have lunch
with madduck and OdyX to prepare that both dinners can drive a consistent
message, which is probably exactly what you don't want, and exactly what I
will do (and I fully admit I'll do it).

I understand the concern that 2 of the 3 chairs are brand new and have been
thrown somewhat blindly into the issue.  Unfortunately, that doesn't recuse
the newly appointed chairs from being expected to participate in a
discussion to improve DebConf.  I'm sorry you've been delegates for only a
month and haven't had time to prepare for this for DC14.  Unfortunately, the
timing was neither your fault nor ours, but it is what it is, and we make
due with what we have, like we *always* have in DebConf.  And if we can't
actually resolve or work on improving a DebConf organization issue at the
conference aimed to help Debian teams find agreement and improve Debian
(thank you, madduck), then DebConf as a whole is a waste of everyone's
energy.

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski