Re: [Debconf-team] sponsored meal projections?

Hello Steve,

Because of 100 additional meals, I think we are save with your estimates
(or these 100 should include all attendees, also non sponsored one?).
Just adding some comments to help also dc15 calculations.

On 12.08.2014 06:46, Steve Langasek wrote:
> I think that, because this DebConf is in an urban setting with lots of other
> food options around, our sponsored attendees will tend to "undersubscribe"
> to the sponsored food.  The PSU folks agree, and have suggested a guideline
> of committing to 15-20% less than our total sponsored count.

I'm not so sure. There is a social pressure not to go outside: "I asked
sponsorship because I have no money, so eating outside could affect my
future sponsorship...".

Additionally the US have not so special food (aka: I went here, I must
eat this, this and this specialty I'll find only there on more "exotic"
destinations).

OTOH it depends also on quality of food at PSU (but at NYC there was
anyway not so much people eating outside, especially people staying in
or near the venues).

I think on lunch most of sponsored people will eat at the venue (>95%),
at evening maybe fewer people (but I think people will skip max 1 or 2
dinners, so 80% to 90% sponsored attendees eating at the venue).

Obviously if there is some nice place near the venue (e.g. a Biergarten
near the venue, with hot sun, will inevitably make people to miss the
dinner times).

[When possible I eat outside the venue in debconfs, either to help
financially debconf, and to try new food. And in past debconf I didn't
find much people going out.]

ciao
	cate