[Debconf-team] sponsored meal projections?

Hi all,

One item for tomorrow's meeting agenda that might be worth some discussion
ahead of time.  We need to start finalizing the numbers for meals for our
sponsored attendees.

I think that, because this DebConf is in an urban setting with lots of other
food options around, our sponsored attendees will tend to "undersubscribe"
to the sponsored food.  The PSU folks agree, and have suggested a guideline
of committing to 15-20% less than our total sponsored count.

This number is in line with what I had been thinking myself, but I want to
ask the team, do we have any other better-informed modeling of attendees'
dining patterns?

For the record, it turns out that the "limit" on cash purchases of the meals
on site is not too much of a limit after all - whatever level we commit to,
they can apparently accommodate up to 100 additional meals.  So there should
be little risk of underestimating here and leaving sponsored attendees
without food.