Re: [Debconf-team] Conference dinner menu

Quoting Andreas Tille (andreas@an3as.eu):

> > > The above menu would be borderline acceptable to me, but I would probably
> > > not eat the trout.
> >
> > I will replace the trout by salmon.
>
> Potentially not helpful comment at all but I would really prefer potentially
> local trout over salmon from a very distant fishing farm.  Feel free to ignore
> my comment - I'd happily join dinner with any menu you choose.

That was part of my reasoning. Finding something that could reasonably
be qualified as "swiss" even though the trouts are likely that alos
come from a fishing farm rather than manually fished in les torrents
des Alpes..:-)

Another part of my reasoning was that fish is usually acceptable by a
vast majority of people and can be a very acceptable compromise
between  originality and acceptability. This was backed up by my
wife's advice and her job is to organize large training international
events....the people there definitely not being geeks but being
definitely as picky as a bunch of geeks can be...:-).

THe only problem is that this doesn't fit Steve's taste, but he made
clear that this is only his personal taste...:) (I would have expected
an opinion based on our perception of the majority's taster more than
personal ones, though.... :-))

If we based things on personal preferences, menu 20 was anyway my menu
of choice...!