Re: [Debconf-team] Day trip decision

On 2013-07-22 08:53, Holger Levsen wrote:
On Sonntag, 21. Juli 2013, Raphaël Walther wrote:
As you can see the budget for that day is close to CHF 28'000 which is CHF
111 per person (252 attendees).

wow :-/  Thats a lot of money for a day out in the green.

It is indeed an amazing amount for us to be considering spending on a day trip.

Did we calculate
that much for in the budget?

That isn't very relevant to my view on whether it's a good idea to spend so much money on it. I really can't believe that this is the best possible use for Debian of 28 000 CHF. Or to look at it another way, I think a large proportion of attendees would prefer us spending 111 CHF on them in a different way from providing a fancy day trip to them. It's many times more than we spent on previous day trips. Also, in the past many attendees preferred to take a rest day at the venue instead of joining the trips, and the amounts we could be wasting here if that happens would be huge.

--
Moray