Re: [Debconf-team] Day trip decision

On 2013-07-21 17:54, Raphaël Walther wrote:
I am writting regarding the Day Trip plan. The current plan is to do the
conference dinner on the boat on the way back from the day trip!
https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/DayTrip

Thanks for working on this.

I already posted at my amazement at the planned overall cost. (The prices for the individual day trip activities listed on the wiki page, are reasonable, and in some cases free, which makes the overall cost even more surprising.) A few other comments:

- From the past, having buses leaving over a range e.g. 9.30-11.30 is more realistic if you want a reasonable attendance on the day trip.

- I worry that including the absinthe distillery visit will only end up causing people to be disappointed: it's the latest-leaving activity, and includes alcohol, both things that might make it popular, but there are only 40 places available. I suspect it would be wiser to schedule this visit at a different time, e.g. for a group of people who want to go during DebCamp, like the "cheese monastery" visit from DebConf11.

- The times from at least the mine/distillery to Soliat, and perhaps the subsequent travel to Neuchâtel too, seem optimistic. Unfortunately any process of loading people onto coaches is always badly delayed, unless there is a convincing threat that people will just be left behind.

--
Moray