Re: [Debconf-team] Proposed DC14 schedule within: Re: DebConf14 Dates And Upcoming Decisions

On Thu, Oct 03, 2013 at 05:19:05AM +0200, Martín Ferrari wrote:
> Patty Langasek <harmoney@dodds.net> wrote:

> >Would Steve's suggestion of an 8 day (or whatever the details come out
> >to)
> >conference justify a longer trip in place of DebCamp, or the Targetted
> >Sprints suggested by Lucas?

> Sorry to be dense, but what about what I suggested yesterday about debcamp after debconf? Would it be possible to use discounted rates for the venue , without accommodation?

I don't think you're being dense at all. I thought I remembered a
conversation that said the venue wasn't available much after the 1st of
September, what with students starting to arrive on campus and the memorial
union being used for orientation and other school-related activities.  In
fact, I think the latest available for the memorial union would be the 4th
of September, if I understand what he meant in his email correctly.

Steve might remember more specific dates of when we were told the venue
would be unavailable, though. Steve?

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski