Re: [Debconf-team] Proposed DC14 schedule within: Re: DebConf14 Dates And Upcoming Decisions

Hi Martín,

Sorry for taking so long to reply; I've been trying to absorb everyone's
suggestions and tease out a consensus, or at least a majority opinion, as
there are a lot of different views that have been expressed here.

On Thu, Oct 03, 2013 at 05:19:05AM +0200, Martín Ferrari wrote:
> Patty Langasek <harmoney@dodds.net> wrote:

>> Would Steve's suggestion of an 8 day (or whatever the details come out
>> to) conference justify a longer trip in place of DebCamp, or the
>> Targetted Sprints suggested by Lucas?

> Sorry to be dense, but what about what I suggested yesterday about debcamp
> after debconf?  Would it be possible to use discounted rates for the venue
> , without accommodation?

So the exact guidance we've gotten to date from PSU is that the venue is
available for "consecutive dates stretching past the Labor Day holiday."  We
don't know precisely how many days that means.

I think that access to the venue is less important than cheap accomodation,
FWIW, and we're more likely to get cheap accomodation before DebConf proper
than after.  So this is the primary angle I intend to pursue with PSU for
the DebCamp / sprints.