Re: [Debconf-team] [DC14] Portland team: DebConf in the USA

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 08:41:54PM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> In the case of those people denied visas, were they sponsored?  Did they
> have financial losses and was it possible to compensate them?

I don't think DebConf10 sponsored those fees in that situation - but I really
don't remember. However, the economics of Portland are different enough from
those of NYC, and 2013-2014 different enough from 2008-2010, that any decision
on how to handle visa fees for their bid will not depend on what DC10 did. As
for what they decide... I'm not on the Portland bid team and will not speak for
them. :)

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org