[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: [Debconf-team] [DC14] Portland team: DebConf in the USA

Ana Guerrero dijo [Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 06:11:57PM +0100]:
> My comment is meta to what Gunnar is saying:
> On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 09:28:52AM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> > We will find unacceptable lines with each of the proposals. But it is
> > not the right time to get too much into the details on how and what
> > offers to make - Lets first decide on the bids. Stating the visa
> > problem is enough for now. We should later come to decisions on how to
> > implement a workaround for said problems, if needed.
> If one of the venues have a big negative point, we shouldn't ignore it,
> instead talk in advance and give the possibility to the people bidding to 
> fix it.  (when possible and reasonable)
> E.g. I find the hotels prices in Venezuela extremely high, I could ignore
> that point thinking we can find a workaround with cheaper hotels later and
> focus in the bid overall. Later, it can happen that the venezuelan team
> agrees in looking for other hotels (as has happened in previous years)
> or they can say they only will organize debconf in the selected hotels 
> because they believed this was already chosen (as happened this year)

Humm... I stand (no surprises!) with OdyX here. I *do* feel this is in
no way the moment to nitpick on how visa issues should be handled, as
we have historically shown that it's an issue that can be addressed
effectively much later on. Visas are a difficult problem, wherever the
conference happens to be, and we should not spend discussion time on
visa issues at this stage. It's not "ignoring" the issue, but
acknowledging we are aware of it, and will deal with it responsably.

I'm not beating the LeCamp horse again, as there wil always be
opposing opinions. I disagree with your assessment. But lets leave it

> PS: yes, I will be sending my questions about the bids later.

Please do, as un-late as possible :)

Reply to: