Re: [Debconf-team] Call for volunteers to join DebConf Committee

Hi Gunnar,

On Fri, Mar 08, 2013 at 07:20:21PM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> FWIW, I am completely with Steve on this. Also, not being from a
> bidding country does not make others any more objective. I have
> refrained from voting in some discussions in the past because I didn't
> feel I was neutral.

Okay. I am not infallible, and this is an area where reasonable people can
disagree without warranting a long argument. Even more than that, I'm currently
"on hiatus" from helping for availability reasons, and this decision belongs
with the people who are currently doing the work, i.e. not me for now. Proceed
as you like. :)

> Jimmy, I think that, mainly given your history (that has been of a
> long-term involvement), if you want to be a part of the team and
> commit the (not so much) time, you are entitled to. Of course, if you
> prefer to pass this time, it's also completely fine.

I appreciate the welcome and will take you up on it in a future year. I have
too little time in the next couple of months, and I am not sure I'm
sufficiently neutral between the two options (but my slight preference will not
keep me from happily encouraging and attending either location) to want to vote
this time.

You may see me resurface in time to help with DC13 or (after the decision)
DC14, but this is a very transitional year for me at work (in a good way), so
it's harder than usual to predict these things.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@kaplowitz.org