Re: [Debconf-team] Transfering DC12 funds to Nicaragua

On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 11:05:13 -0400
Jimmy Kaplowitz <jimmy@debian.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:53:43AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2012, Leandro Gómez wrote:
> > > Receipts are a whole different story. By law, and AFAIK, those must be
> > > issued in cordobas and in Spanish.
> >
> > issued in Cordobas? If so, please make sure they also include a Dollar
> > price...
>
> It's probably best to have the documents reflect the currency of the
> transaction. Effective exchange rates depend on how FFIS and SPI transfer the
> money (e.g. international wire transfer, XEtrade, currency conversion fees,
> etc) and on what date the money transfer to ISIC (or direct venfor payment) is
> made. Any exchange rate provided by the vendor in their document is probably
> going to be different than what we actually get.
>
> Conceptually, if the obligation being presented to FFIS or SPI for payment is
> in cordobas, then it's up to FFIS or SPI to figure out how to make the right
> amount of cordobas end up in the right place by the deadline. A dollar or euro
> amount is only relevant to their subsequent recordkeeping and for DebConf's
> budgeting.

Right, what I know organizations does in those case, is to exchange dollars to cordobas in a bank, so you will have a official support of the exchange rate. I think that will be ok for you.

Regards,

--
Norman García Aguilar <norman@riseup.net>