Re: [Debconf-team] Transfering DC12 funds to Nicaragua

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> wrote:
Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi Joey,
>
> On Freitag, 8. Juni 2012, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > > When you say "quotes," do you mean something that means "DebConf12 is
> > > obligated to pay XXXX.XX cordobas to us by June YY for the purpose of
> > > ZZZZ," even if there may be more payments in either direction later to
> > > finalize things? In that case, if you give each organization quotes,
> > > receipts, and invoices as they are available, it will probably meet all
> > > the requirements. Hopefully FFIS agrees - I certainly am less familiar
> > > with their needs than SPI's.
> >
> > If that's a quote, then a quote should be sufficient.
>
> is that also fine if thats in spanish?

Oh dear!

Please ask them to issue it in English.

Is it absolutely necessary to have the quotes in English?

We can make an extra effort to get all the quotes in English, if it's required. The thing is that we're short on time and getting a simple quote from a local company usually means that someone from the local team has to lose half day of work to get the quote.

We issue donation receipts, receipts etc. in English as well, so should
a company in Nicaragua, no?

Receipts are a whole different story. By law, and AFAIK, those must be issued in cordobas and in Spanish.

> if not, how official needs the translation to be?

That's a good question...

I usually think positive, thus, I assume (hope?) that people at the
Finanzamt will accept a printout (or PDF) that consists of both the
Spanish and German/English translation of text as appendix to the
quote/invoice.

Regards,

       Joey

--
MIME - broken solution for a broken design.  -- Ralf Baechle