Re: [Debconf-team] Transfering DC12 funds to Nicaragua

[Again removing kasse@ for an SPI-specific reply. Not trying to answer the
question for FFIS.]

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 08:45:41PM -0600, Leandro Gómez wrote:
> Is it absolutely necessary to have the quotes in English?
>
> We can make an extra effort to get all the quotes in English, if it's
> required. The thing is that we're short on time and getting a simple quote
> from a local company usually means that someone from the local team has to
> lose half day of work to get the quote.

When I handled DebConf invoices/receipts/etc in Mexico as SPI Treasurer and in
Spain as an on-site money tracking person, I was ok with Spanish as long as I
was able to understand the necessary parts of the documents.

I don't think the US authorities would care about it being in English, and if
SPI needs to prove what it says, SPI can deal with official translations then,
or they might even accept Spanish-language documents for that. This is
basically the same thing Holger said applies in Germany. (Disclaimer: I haven't
gotten formal legal advice on this particular point, but I don't think it's
required.)

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org