Re: [Debconf-team] Transfering DC12 funds to Nicaragua

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:53:43AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2012, Leandro Gómez wrote:
> > Receipts are a whole different story. By law, and AFAIK, those must be
> > issued in cordobas and in Spanish.
>
> issued in Cordobas? If so, please make sure they also include a Dollar
> price...

It's probably best to have the documents reflect the currency of the
transaction. Effective exchange rates depend on how FFIS and SPI transfer the
money (e.g. international wire transfer, XEtrade, currency conversion fees,
etc) and on what date the money transfer to ISIC (or direct venfor payment) is
made. Any exchange rate provided by the vendor in their document is probably
going to be different than what we actually get.

Conceptually, if the obligation being presented to FFIS or SPI for payment is
in cordobas, then it's up to FFIS or SPI to figure out how to make the right
amount of cordobas end up in the right place by the deadline. A dollar or euro
amount is only relevant to their subsequent recordkeeping and for DebConf's
budgeting.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org