Re: [Debconf-team] Travel sponsorship money (and other money things)

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 01:26:04AM +0100, Moray Allan wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-06-12 at 12:42 -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
> > - DebConf11 surplus (about 25 k$)
> > - Debian guarentees (10 k$)
>
> This looks like double-counting to me, as my impression was that the
> amount which the DPL agreed to extend as a guarantee would already count
> against the surplus from last year.

Since the original thread didn't really mention surplus, I didn't
think of asking for surplus amounts until the end of the thread.  When
the thread first appeared, we (I) didn't know the surplus amount or
existence, leading to my imagining of non-surplus 10k$ amounts.

Either way, with the surplus we won't even get to the 10k$ of
non-surplus money, so it's basically a moot point.  If we were going
to need that, then we should clarify, yes.

[snip other conversation which I think will just lead to more unneeded
confusion, let me know if I should address it.]

- richard