Re: [Debconf-team] DC11 sponsorship levels

Moray Allan dijo [Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 12:05:40AM +0000]:
> Bdale points out that we probably have too many levels.  I've just
> looked over the amounts given by sponsors in the past couple of years,
> how about we make this $1000 threshold only available to Central
> American sponsors, and advertise the $2000 threshold as the lowest one
> for international sponsors?
>
> (If that seems a good idea to anyone, you'd then separately need to
> decide whether to leave the distribution of benefits as-is or shift
> things around so that the international bronze and silver levels are
> more distinguished.)

Right, I agree with this — I'd do it this way:

- "Steel" level disappears, is completely merged into bronze
- "Bronze" is advertised as staring at US$2000
- People seeking Central-American sponsorship can tell a prospective
  sponsor, "we are offering local sponsors to start at US$1000"
- This is *not* officially advertised. Of course, it is not secret
  (i.e. mail lists are available and all ;-) ), but the official
  lowest level is still 2000.

Like it?