Re: [Debconf-team] DC11 sponsorship levels

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 7:32 PM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
> On Freitag, 17. Februar 2012, Andrew McMillan wrote:
>> I think these levels should primarily have a published level, like:
>>
>> Steel: $2000
>> Bronze: $5000
>> Silver: $15000
>> Gold: $30000
>> Platinum: $50000
>
> I agree. (with published level)
>
>> or maybe those last three are $10k, $25k, $40k or $10k, $20k, $35k
>
> Actually I think the last three should like this:
>
> Steel: up to $2000
> Bronze: up to $5000
> Silver: up to $12500
> Gold: up to $25000
> Platinum: more then $25000

I'm a bit confused here -- Andrew was suggesting that we advertise
each level as starting a little above the actual lower threshold (to
give negotiating room), whereas you seem to be saying we should change
some thresholds, including lowering them for the higher levels?  I'm
not necessarily complaining if so, just confused as the current
thresholds were your own proposal in the last meeting, and because
it's a different topic from what Andrew was saying. :)

I was also assuming that Andrew's "published levels" were *minimums*,
whereas you are saying "up to" for the same amounts.

Can we decide as two separate questions what the levels should be and
how we'll advertise them? -- Or, equivalently, decide one set of level
thresholds, but slightly higher than we will truly insist on.

> On Freitag, 17. Februar 2012, Moray Allan wrote:
>> SILVER - $5,000 to $15,000
>>
>> Benefits from bronze, and also:
>>
>> Logo on banner in conference lobby / Logo en rótulo a la entrada de la
>> conferencia
>
> I would also give these sponsors the logos on the video streams+recordings.

If we do that and don't change anything else there's a rather small
difference in benefit between silver and gold, for a large price
difference -- are you also proposing to move another benefit down to
gold from platinum?

--
Moray