Re: [Debconf-team] what do we think we can do better for dc13? example: random venue

Hi,

Just clarification not about this specific case.

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 5:31 PM, Aigars Mahinovs <aigarius@gmail.com> wrote:

> As far as I know, LeCamp in *not* being decided upon. It *was* decided upon
> in the decision meeting vote for the venue of Debconf 13 long time ago. And
> it stays that way until Debconf chairs explicitly decide the LeCamp is not
> suitable for Debconf 13. As far as I know, that has not happened.

The venue voted in the decision meeting does not necessarily need to
be the venue used for the DebConf itself.  It's considered "Plan A",
and it shows what the local team was able to investigate and the
standards that the location should be able to provide.  However, if
there are problems with the venue, or if there was later a better
proposal, it's not unthinkable to change venues later on.  This has
happened a number of times before and I expect it to happen in the
future as well.

In particular in the case of DC13, when the election was held it was
said that the venue needed a lot of work, and that there were a number
of disadvantages.  Coming up with a better venue would have been a
great outcome, which the team would have welcomed, without the need of
an "overrule".

I'm saying this because some people are under the impression that we
should go to LeCamp no matter what since that's what was voted.
However, we should only go to LeCamp if it's the best offer than we
can get.

--
Besos,
Marga