Re: [Debconf-team] what do we think we can do better for dc13? example: random venue

Hi Ana, hi all.

Le samedi, 1 décembre 2012 17.38:05, Ana Guerrero a écrit :
> It has been said a few times that le camp have the same standars that a
> youth hostel, so I went to see how a swiss youth hostel looks like [1] and
> what possibilities they offered. I evaluated quickly one of them:
> http://www.youthhostel.ch/en/hostels/st-moritz

So I went and asked them for an offer for 200 persons, for 7 persons in
August. I pushed their offer to the DebConf-team private repository:
dc13/venue-evaluation/St-Moritz/St-Moritz_20121205.pdf.

Their proposal (including a discount [0]) is the following:

* 45 rooms for 4 persons each (180 persons)
* 8 rooms for 2 persons each (16 persons)
* 1 room for 4 persons with an included shower / WC (4 persons)

The 45 + 8 = 53 rooms don't have a included shower, people have to use shared
showers. That makes 4 persons with a privative shower.

For three meals per day, the price is ~96 kCHF for 1400 nights (200 persons
during 7 nights), which makes each person-day at 68.54 CHF.

The offer includes a voluntary CO2 compensation, which (if we'd drop it)
reduces that price to 68.23 CHF.

Drop one more meal (16.50 CHF) and you get down to 51.73 CHF, for half-pension
then.

Note that this price is without considering any venue for talks, hacklabs and
stuff, without being allowed to use the WiFi access in the Youthhostel, etc.

For what is worth, their offer is valid for 14 days.

Cheers,

OdyX

[0] I'm not posting the details of the discount on purpose. It can be found by
    those with access to Debconf-team.