Re: [Debconf-team] what do we think we can do better for dc13? example: random venue

Le mercredi, 5 décembre 2012 15.37:32, Ana Guerrero a écrit :
> I guess this wasn't very clear in my first email, but I'm also considering
> the hostel as the venue for talks, hacklabs etc in the spirit of having
> everything in the same place. A similar arragament to the one we had in
> dc9.
>
> If you look at the website, they have multiple common rooms, some games
> room and the alike. look in the " Infrastructure" part in the right:
> http://www.youthhostel.ch/en/hostels/st-moritz

With all the objectiveness I can use, I don't think the space they claim to
have is anywhere near enough for our needs.

> if we are the only people staying in the hostel of the 80% of the people
> staying, likely we can arrange to have the rooms for our exclusive usage.

That is speculative so far.

For what is worth, the standards we applied in looking for potential hacklabs
in venues we investigated were: accessible 24/7, low security risk, enough
space. I'm not yet convinced a hacklab in St-Moritz's youthhostel can fit
either of these three concerns.

And for talkrooms: two talkrooms (one big, with seated space for ~ 60% of the
attendees, one smaller), with presentation facilities (or where it is possible
to have these set easily). If possible: other places for team work and
discussions.

So far, I have not gotten any indication to indicate that a talkroom could
happen in St-Moritz's youthhostel, nor for which price.

> For info: I can't access to the PDF ATM, no key here.

I have no intention to do any more research for St-Moritz (at least not now,
while LeCamp is still being decided upon), so I have bounced both my initial
mail and their answer to you, if you want to do more.

Cheers,

OdyX

P.S. No need to CC me, I'm subscribed.