Re: [Debconf-team] Debconf thoughts

On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 01:42:43PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:

> Especially given the overwhelming impact of the discrimination effects of
> _money_, which is an extremly great factor for any DebConf in Switzerland, I
> think Le Camp is a very good choice. We will be more equal there than in most
> *any* other place in that country.

That's the reason why we addressed the money issue making debconf only one
week. Look at my email in st-moritz, there are plenty of alternatives to look
at.

> And this has been decided several times by our regular decision means, which
> are scheduled+logged irc meetings. And then there was a DPL appeal, which the
> DPL delegated to the chairs and the chairs then had a meeting in #debconf-
> team, where we decided to that breaking ties was not needed as we thought the
> teams decision to go with Le Camp was still sound, so we confirmed that the
> contract with Le Camp should still be signed now (pending some editorial
> changes, if they are possible).

A meeting where you didn't move your position a single centimeter, where people
was looking for concensus and the only way out was minimizing damages.
A meeting where your welcome to me was a "you're late" and the most repeated
argument for you was "sigh".
http://meetbot.debian.net/debconf-team/2012/debconf-team.2012-11-22-20.00.log.html

[a lot of tangential stuff not relevant to the discussion removed]

> P.S.: And I'm taller than 1.90m and I slept fine in those beds there... :-)

Good for you, as said, that isn't the case for everybody. There is also people
under 1.90m who won't sleep fine there.

>       And instead of claiming we cannot have families there, can those
> 	families please speak up, I'm sure we can find ways to accomodate very
> 	different needs there, including families and people who insist on one
> 	room mate only. And for those who cannot stand anyone in their room:
>         sadly there are only 3 true single rooms. But so far all 3 of them are
>free and unclaimed :-) Registrations hasnt started yet.

Why do we have to work making exceptions instead of making it fine for almost
everybody? it is not that _difficult_.