Re: [Debconf-team] Debconf thoughts

On 03/12/12 13:42, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are long aware of the issues at Le Camp as we are aware about issues at
> other locations, this is precisly *why* we choose Le Camp, because long
> evaluations considering up and downsides of several options have resulted in
> Le Camp being our best option for a great DebConf in Switzerland.

Not quite - I appreciate you made a long journey to come and evaluate
Interlaken, but as soon as 1 or 2 other people threatened to veto and
grabbed everybody's attention with a suggestion about 40k CHF to boost
the Le Camp budget, the consideration of other options was cut short far
too soon.

> Especially given the overwhelming impact of the discrimination effects of
> _money_, which is an extremly great factor for any DebConf in Switzerland, I
> think Le Camp is a very good choice. We will be more equal there than in most
> *any* other place in that country.

It depends on how many criteria you exclude to reach your definition of
`equal'