Re: [Debconf-team] Final call for DebConf13 sponsorship levels and benefits

On 25/09/12 09:00, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:

>> I find the level for silver way too high for what you get in response.

<snip>

> end I think the benefits don't matter that much to companies. I guess
> that most of them sponsor DebConf because they want to support Debian,
> not because of the benefits.

The budget is now twice as big as before, this implies the need to find
new sponsors: and some of those new sponsors may be more interested in
the benefits than the traditional sponsors

To put it another way, going outside the comfort zone and appealing to
companies that will sponsor for more narrowly defined commercial reasons