Re: [Debconf-team] Final call for DebConf13 sponsorship levels and benefits

Hi

Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@ftbfs.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon Sep 24, 2012 at 18:50:06 +0200, Luca Capello wrote:
>> Hi there!
>>
>> Here the final situation WRT to the DebConf13 sponsorship levels and
>> benefits.  According to the last meeting minutes [1], the former are OK
>> (only CHF in the brochure) and we should agree on the latter.  I should
>> admit that I forgot about the notes, but IIRC they were mostly OK.
>>
>> [1] <http://meetbot.debian.net/debconf-team/2012/debconf-team.2012-09-18-17.06.html>
>>
>> Below is the situation in the current SVN r3720 [2]: I propose to
>> discuss them until this Friday, so 2012-09-28T23:59:59.  I will then
>> call for English checking (FYI the current text has been already checked
>> twice) during the week-end and then at least for French and German
>> translations.  Thus at the beginning of October we can start sending the
>> brochure, at least for the English version.
>
> I find the level for silver way too high for what you get in response.

Do you have any suggestions on how to improve this. What benefits would
you add to silver?

IMHO the benefits and levels are OK. We can always discuss at lenght
every detail, but I don't expect the result to be much better. In the
end I think the benefits don't matter that much to companies. I guess
that most of them sponsor DebConf because they want to support Debian,
not because of the benefits.

If you want to change the benefits for a level please also provide an
alternative set of benefits for each level that is consistent. Otherwise
this discussion will never come to a conclusion. And IMHO it's more
important to start approaching sponsors now than to bikeshed the benefits.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.