Re: [Debconf-team] DC13 sponsoring brochure, sponsorship levels

Hi

Luca Capello <luca@pca.it> writes:

> Hi there!
>
> On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 13:00:05 +0200, Moray Allan wrote:
>> On Mon, 2012-09-17 at 22:40 +0200, Luca Capello wrote:
>> Didier and myself got an answer from the RMLL/LSM organizers, here their
>>> (sort of anonymized) points (Didier, please correct me when needed):
>>> 4) the whole process with the biggest sponsor took around 6 months
>>> (yes, we need to hurry up).
>>
>> We knew about this issue
> [...]
>> We should certainly be making
>> contacts with potential sponsors as soon as possible (I think we
>> previously planned to start in August), *even without* full information
>> being ready.
>
> This is not what I understood from previous discussions with both the
> local and global teams, which is also the reason why I was waiting the
> sponsoring brochure.

Moray correct me if I'm wrong, but in my reading of the above is that we
don't have to sort every detail before contacting sponsors. But the
levels should be fixed in my opinion. But it's fine to amend the
brochure afterwards if new information becomes available (payment
details, more accurate budget, ...) or someone has time to make it even
better.

So in my opinion after the sponsoring level decision from the last
meeting the brochure is more or less ready. For some (institutional)
sponsors we need a more detailed budget, but this can be fixed while
already approaching other sponsors.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.