Re: [Debconf-team] SVN -> GIT migration

Hi Richard,

On Sonntag, 22. Juli 2012, Richard Darst wrote:
> First and foremost is the institutional memory.

Don't forget $penta, the lists and the wiki! :)

> If you want to work
> on DebConf N, you're going to want to know about DebConf N-1 and N-2
> and N-3 and so on.

I still don't think "and so on" is the case. DebConf N-1 til N-3 yes, but then
it gets boring. _Maybe_ older sponsors-table, but those could be easily copied
over...

> git is good for code.  It has tons of nice features like branching and
> local copies.  But I have always thought that subversion is fairly
> ideal for our use case.

svn is dead slow for once, and not being able to work remotely is another
major drawback. also, git is good for far more things than just code :)

> I agree and empathize with the fact it is hard to get people access.
> I would suggest cc'ing debconf-team on requests to add people as
> commiters.

me too

> It is also one of the reasons I try so hard to minimize
> the amount of private date put into debconf-team, and maximize the
> public part in debconf-data.

I very much appreciate this! Thanks!

cheers,
	Holger