Re: [Debconf-team] Before opening the registration with Penta...

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 11:56 PM, Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> wrote:
Hi,

Hola!

Thank you for all your hard work on penta!

- DebConf roles: We _will_ use these for deciding some stuff. Am I
 missing anything? Is there anything that should not be there?
 - Regular attendee
 - Organizer
 - Volunteer
 - Sponsor
 - Press
 - Accompanying a DebConf participant
 - None

IMO the split between organizer and volunteer is fine.

- Participant categories: This depends on getting some logistics
 sorted out mainly WRT food and lodging. I think we should offer a
 scheme similar to what we used in NYC:
 - Basic; no sponsored food or accommodation
 - Basic; want sponsored accommodation
 - Basic; want sponsored food
 - Basic; want sponsored food and accommodation
 - Professional (cover the food+lodging costs - €300 for DC9, USD$650
   for DC10, €450 for DC11)
 - Corporate registration (€1000 for DC9, USD$1300 for DC10, €1000
   for DC11)

I was thinking of something around USD 650 (Professional) and USD1300 (Corporate)

 Obviously, we need to set the numbers for professional and
 corporate. And we have to do it FAST (that is, before registration
 opens if possible!)

 And yes, "Basic, no sponsored food or accommodation" is equivalent
 to "Professional" (in the sense we don't pay anything for them), but
 we do handle registration logistics for professinoals and not for
 unsponsored basics. We might want to reduce them. Now, is there a
 reason we want to sponsor food OR accomodation but not both? We
 might prefer to flatten it to unsponsored / basic / professional /
 corporate.

- Any restrictions to choose participant category. IMO, and
 approximately following past practices, people choosing DebConf
 roles "Sponsor", "Press", "Acompanying" or "None" should not be able
 to choose any of the sponsored options (only unsponsored,
 professional or corporate).

Agreed.

- Available food preferences. Again, please comment if this sounds
 right, missing, redundant.
 - No dietary restrictions
 - Vegetarian
 - Vegan (strict vegetarian)
 - Other (contact organizers)
 - Not eating with the group

That's right.

- Available accomodation options. Local guys, given we are staying on
 three hotels, do you think there should be anything we offer to
 choose from, or should we just let luck decide who gets which kind
 of accomodation? The most basic options are what we had last year:
 - Regular room
 - I will arrange my own accomodation

We should just let the room assignments team handle this. At least one local should be on each hotel.