Re: [Debconf-team] Before opening the registration with Penta...

Stefano Zacchiroli dijo [Sun, Apr 01, 2012 at 08:07:31PM +0200]:
> > > - Debian roles - I'm including the following, mainly aiming at getting
> > >  numbers for statistics (nothing should be decided upon them):
> > >  - Debian Developer
> > >  - Debian Developer (non-uploading)
> > >  - Debian Maintainer
> > >  - Otherwise involved in Debian
> > >  - Not yet involved but interested
> > >  - Accompanying a Debian participant
> > >  - None
> > >  Do you agree with this? Am I missing anything? Should I squash any
> > >  two (i.e. uploading and nonuploading DD)?
> >
> > I don't see the sense in separating those.  Both mean "Debian member",
> > and separating them risks it sounding like we think one is less good
> > than the other.
>
> Seconded.  I suggest to have a "Debian Project Member" entry, then a
> "Debian contributor" entry (as suggested by Moray, although I'd drop the
> "other", that sounds pejorative), and maybe finally a "Otherwise
> interested in Debian".

Humm... I feel most of us still identify better with the DD tag - So
maybe "Debian Project Member (all DDs)"? And, maybe keeping the
separation between DM and other Debian contributors?

> I'm very much interested in the disaggregate numbers Gunnar wants to
> collect for the final report. But when reading those numbers, I wouldn't
> particularly care about distinctions finer than the above.

Right, that threshold is precisely what I am aiming to reach :)