Re: [Debconf-team] DC13 localteam meeting minutes 22/03/2012

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 4:03 AM, Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> wrote:
> I (and I think I'm talking for all of the long-running orga team)
> prefer NOT to have this separation. I know every year's situations are
> different, but maybe the point that put most stress in the DC11 cycle
> was that -due to many reasons, not worth getting into the gory details
> right now- we operated as a global team "overseeing" the work of a
> local team - but at times, it seemed we were in competition, and the
> lack of communication was often frustrated for both. We really would
> prefer having no real boundary between locals and globals, at least to
> the possible extent.

Indeed.  Perhaps we need to ban the phrases "global team" and "local
team".  They're useful shortcuts, but unfortunately have the wrong
implications for people who don't already know how things are meant to
work.  "Global team" is already meant to include everyone, but gets
(mis)used to mean some controlling non-local group, and "local team"
is already meant to mean members of the team who happen to be local,
but leads people to think that this should be a separately organised
team in itself.

The intention is that "global <-> localteam relations" should be
something like "body <-> respiratory system relations", not something
like "overseeing" or "contractors".

--
Moray