Re: [Debconf-team] Using pentabarf for minidebconfindia

Jaldhar H. Vyas dijo [Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 01:53:49PM -0400]:
> >Well, I cannot obviously speak for Joerg - I am the current person in
> >charge for Pentabarf modifications for DC11, and... Well, I know that
> >if I install it for your miniconf, I'll be hating you as much as I
> >hate the whole world by now ;-)
>
> Well, I would like to atleast try and get pentabarf set up.
> Hopefully there will be more events in the fute and in the long run
> It would probably be a better idea to use the "Debian standard"
> rather than some homebrew app.  And perhaps I might be able to be of
> assistance at future debconfs.  So I would like to atleast take a
> stab at this.  What machine is the current installation on?  Any
> documentation?

There is no Debian standard, there is just one application used for
the Debian conference. It is not, by far, a simple application to set
up. And it is quite diverging from upstream.

Different conferences have different needs, information flows, etc.
There is really no documentation on our install, besides an +- one
page long blurb I did together with the mail from Joerg explaining to
me how to use it.

I am sadly too overwhelmed by work, and I fear I should have not taken
many roles I have taken (such as the Penta-master). I frankly cannot
offer you any help, as I'm often frustrated by my lack of time to do
DebConf stuff - and my real life work has been seriously lagging
behind me.

So, please, do not use Penta.

Greetings,