Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf discussion: Purpose of DebConf

Hi,

On Montag, 27. September 2010, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> Of course DebConf shouldn't be the only F2F meeting [1], but it's a very
> big one, is the one which—at present—is best in attracting Debian people
> world-wide, and is periodic. Hence, for me, the primary goal of DebConf
> is to have Debian people meet F2F.  Holger's point of view on the above
> seems to be the one of individuals, which will see as reward the
> possibility of getting together, which is fully compatible with the
> project POV.

well, that wasnt my primary POV ;) Primarily I think:

>> So in summary, DebConf is mainly "events (talks, workshops, bofs, round
>> tables, etc), RL interactions and a time to get work done" to me. It's what
>> the focus of our efforts of organising DebConf should be aimed at.

so when I wrote "to me" (t)here, I ment what _I mean_ DebConf should mean to
Debian.

That some attendees will perceive attending DebConf as an reward, IMO shouldnt
be a purpose of DebConf.

Hope this makes my POV clearer,
cheers,
	Holger