[Debconf-team] A few questions regarding DebConf organization and statistics

Hello everyone,

I'm Vedran Omeragic and I'm part of the DebConf11 local team. I volunteered to do some research into basic organization and statistics of DebConf. We're now progressively making huge preparations for the upcoming event. For the last few days we've been making Plan and Program, and now we came to harder part which include statistics and budget draft. I have read Final Reports from 4 available DebConfs (6,7,8,9), and they contain a great deal of information, which helps a lot. Unfortunately they do not cover some other topics, or they do but just partially. So, if you don't mind, I would appreciate some answers regarding the previously mentioned topic.

Here are the questions. I appreciate any information which would help us in organization.

How many people has Debian sponzored, and how many came at their own expense? How much has Debian paid for accomodations and food per person. Is there a rule to a maximum payment or not?
How much was spent on organization (food and accommodations disincluded)?
What was (is) the biggest cost when orginizing DebConf?
Is it a problem when a hotel is very expensive? If encountered on previous DebConfs, how did you manage to slove such problem, or at least how did you go around it? Is there a rule book or a guideline when orginizing DebConf, or do is it all up to a local team?
What sort of advice can you give, in coming preparations of DebConf11?

Every bit helps
Thanks again