Re: [Debconf-team] Adding more logos to talk-room banners?

On Friday, June 25, 2010, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Under our current criteria for talk-room banners, only sponsors at the gold
> or higher level will be on the banners behind the podiums. This would mean
> that only HP would qualify, since all other sponsors are silver or lower.
> The same criteria apply to the logos in the video transmissions. Any
> thoughts on how we should deal with this? Some examples include:
>
> * Sticking with the one logo. We could rearchitect the talk-room banners to
>   consist much more primarily of the DC10 logo, possibly plus the name of
> the talk room or the conference dates/year, and have the words "Platinum
> Sponsor" near HP's logo. For the video transmissions we could possibly
> just do a watermark of HP's logo in the corner of the transmissions, or
> display a screen like my reimagined talk-room banner before and after each
> talk.

I don't see any problem of having only HP there and I think it is a fitting
acknowledgment to their kindness.

Trying to get more money from our silver sponsors might work with some but
might also backfire with others and I'd rather not risk it (but I'm risk
adverse, so other people please share their opinions).

I have been wanting to discuss revamping the permanent sponsorship process,
which I'll do now in a separate thread. Maybe we can include permanent
sponsors in the rotation but I'd definitely leave HP in a spotlight position
with respect to the backdrops.

Thanks a lot Jimmy for bringing this up!

P.