[Debconf-team] Adding more logos to talk-room banners?

Hi,

Under our current criteria for talk-room banners, only sponsors at the gold or
higher level will be on the banners behind the podiums. This would mean that
only HP would qualify, since all other sponsors are silver or lower. The same
criteria apply to the logos in the video transmissions. Any thoughts on how we
should deal with this? Some examples include:

* Sticking with the one logo. We could rearchitect the talk-room banners to
  consist much more primarily of the DC10 logo, possibly plus the name of the
  talk room or the conference dates/year, and have the words "Platinum Sponsor"
  near HP's logo. For the video transmissions we could possibly just do a
  watermark of HP's logo in the corner of the transmissions, or display a screen
  like my reimagined talk-room banner before and after each talk.

* Add all silver people simply to make it look better. Since nobody chose gold,
  nobody would say "why am I paying for gold to get this benefit and they're
  not?" On the other hand, they might take our levels less seriously next year.

* Add recurring silver sponsors as a thank-you for their continued assistance.
  This has the same downside as the above item, but would make them more likely
  to continue as recurring sponsors.

* Offer silver sponsors a special opportunity to pay $X,000 more (where X might
  be something like 2) to get added to the talk-room banners and video feeds.

* Something else that you suggest.

Thoughts?

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debconf.org