Re: [Debconf-team] Global DebConf meeting Wednesday Feb 3 @ 21:00 UTC

On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 04:30:32PM -0500, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> There will be status checks on dc9 and dc11 similar to last meeting; in
> order for this part of the meeting to go faster, it would be helpful if dc11
> bid teams would email status reports to the list in advance of the meeting,
> so that we can use the dc11 status check agenda item simply for asking any
> related questions.

This is the update for Munich.  Unfortunately, it is not clear yet
whether anybody from the Munich team will be able to attend, as Andreas
Barth is sick, Jan-Marek Glogowski is probably offline at the time and I
am travelling myself.

We had another on-location appointment at the University for Applied
Science in Munich.  We were very impressed by the venue (it is a pretty
new building, and we could use as much of it as we want), the staff (the
dean showed us along and was very forthcoming and helpful) and the
price (we would get it for free, save for additional security beyond
office hours).

The dean has agreed to sign a "letter of intent", we are currently in
the process of drafting it.  Andreas Barth already got some advice on
this on IRC, but we appreciate any further input on this.

As for the other venue options, we are still negotiating with the two
universities (LMU and TUM) as backup options.

Our next steps will be further local-team building and looking into
accomodation again, as well as finalizing the bid wiki page.

Cheers,

Michael for the Munich team