Re: [Debconf-team] sponsor levels for debconf9Hi,

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 10:53:56PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
>Hi,
>
>http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf9/Sponsors is what I came up after our
>meeting today. I hope that reflects what we agreed on ;-)
>
>quote:
>
>Platinum - 25.000 Euros and up
> Exclusive logo placement (and size) in all conference related material (incl.
>t-shirts, local magazine and every webpage)
> Banner in conference lobby
> Logo on video transmissions
> 45min Conference slot for free software related talk
>
>Gold - 15.000 to 25.000 Euros
> Special logo placement (and size) in all conference related material (incl.
>t-shirts, local magazine and every webpage)
> Banner in conference lobby
> Logo on video transmissions
>
>Silver - 5.000 to 15.000
> Logo placement (a bit bigger in size) in t-shirts, local magazine and every
>webpage.
> Banner in conference lobby

Hmmm. I'm tempted to say the numbers for these top 3 levels are too
high, and I'd suggest platinum 20K+, gold 10K->20K and silver
5K->10K. Sorry for not speaking up earlier: I had misread the amounts
as dollars rather than EUR.

My main concern (I'll admit) is that I don't want to drop HP from the
platinum level despite them giving us the same amount as last year
while running in a significantly harder climate. Equally, I'm again
hoping Nokia will be prepared to match what they managed last year.

If we make the top level too high, I'm worried that we won't get any
platinum sponsors at all...

  Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there
  must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable, one on the
  far end, and the goat, terminated over the SCSI chain with a silver-handled
  knife whilst burning *black* candles. --- Anthony DeBoer