Re: [Debconf-team] Open Day talks

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 08:55:25AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 01:56:48PM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
> > I'd say that Open Day selection people should also be able to mark
> > things as "official", then.
>
> Since several DebConfs I wonder whether we should change this
>
>   official / unofficial
>
> branding into
>
>   spnsored / not sponsored
>
> to express what we *really* mean.  It always confuses people what
> the distinction between official and unofficial means.

+2

Though I agree with the other commenters about finding the right words
to use.  (reminds me of the Twisted (I think that was it)
documentation I read that said "code with an open thesaurus).  The
main/only benefits to being "Official" are pre-planned, advertised to
attendees slightly more, and videoed, right ?

If there are other similar renamings to do for DC10, we'll make that
happen, too.  For one, I wanted to "Independent->Sponsored" at least.

- Richard