Re: [Debconf-team] Minutes from 2009 April 27 Meeting

Quoting Gunnar Wolf (gwolf@gwolf.org):

> 5.5Km is perfectly doable in ~20 minutes, even if there is a (not too
> steep) slope. So, yes, fine by me. Regarding the dual carriageway, how
> are the laws in Spain? are cyclists allowed in such roads? How is that
> particular road's traffic? I would not think it is a riskier adventure
> than cycling in regular city traffic...

From what I remember of Caceres neighbourhood when we were travelling
to Casar de Caceres for last Extremadura meeting, the roads that we're
talking about are probably urban roads in the "suburbs" of Caceres, ie
very large roads but not *motorways* (Autobahnen in the standard
Debian language...:-)) where bikes would be prohibited.

I remember seeing many such dual carriageways linking together large
crossroads with big roundabouts. Most of them probably have a 50km/h
or 70km/h speed limit (whether it is respected is another
story....Spain is the *South* of Europe...:-)). So, not an ideal place
to bike but certainly doable.

Still, as there doesn't seem to be any bike rental company in Caceres
anyway, my idea was probably just a dream...

That certainly does not prevent anyone able to bring a bike there to
do so....or those of us who like running to do the "trip" for their
morning (and evening) run (having showers at the conference center
would help, though).