Re: [Debconf-team] Please, update your travel sponsorship request for DebConf9

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 11:31:40AM +0200, Jan Hauke Rahm wrote:
> [CC to debconf-team as requested by ana on IRC]
>
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm afraid I messed things up. I requested travel sponsorship but at the
> moment I filled in the form I had no clue about travel dates and how I
> get there. I thought about traveling with some DDs from Berlin but it
> turns out they have different travel dates and so on...
> Funnily just one hour ago I started looking for cheap flights to finally
> fill in the missing fields and then I received your mail.
>
> I didn't change anything yet and my question is: is it still worth it? I
> mean, is there still a chance to get sponsorship or not?
> I don't want to try to force something but unfortunately I'm unable to
> attend without sponsorship since I'm just a student.

Sadly, this is not the only case.
In the past, we had the policy "you got it wrong, you lose". what we should do
this year? Put this people in the end of the queue?
Another alternative is allow everybody who asked sponsorship (tickled "I
need travel sponsorship") adjust their amounts.

What sounds more fair?

Ana