Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf & accessability [Re: DebConf: D-I Workshops and a D-I talk to explain and motivate?]

Ana Guerrero dijo [Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 08:25:07PM +0200]:
> Hi Otavio and all,

Just as a side note: While Otavio was the person that got us to be
sensitive to this kind of problems, and while he is a very important
piece to the project, it is not _only_ his specific type of disability
that must be taken into account - and that's something that IMHO
himself has stated. We have had DebConf attendees with different
levels of mobility challenges (i.e. amputees), sight problems (blind
or almost-blind people), and even psychologically stressing situations
(i.e. being terrified of being in a strange airport in a strange
country) can be seen as disabilities we should at very least try to
cater to.

Not that I have points to add to the list (maybe possibly for the
sight-challenged people: Try to identify all possible places that
could be dangerous, i.e. ailes with a step to one of the sides, or try
to avoid setting our workspaces in labrynth-like settings).

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23