Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf10 - call for Location proposals

El mar, 09-09-2008 a las 14:13 -0300, Jimmy Kaplowitz escribió:

> copy
> > of three of my fingerprints with a digital scanner. They also
> threatened
> > me with a very bad mood, and made me a lot of questions. That's why
> > don't want to go back to the US again.
>
> I'm sorry to hear that. There are certainly some stupid people doing
> border
> security for the US, though a number of other countries also suck in
> this
> regard. (Argentina was great.) They should not be making threats, and
> most of them don't, even though some undoubtedly do.

I'm so sorry, I made a mistake with this word. I wanted to say that I
was treated and not threatened :).
The immigrations officer was a Mexican guy. He started speaking Spanish,
being more or less kind. Then he switched to English, and started asking
me lot of questions in a very bad way. I'm not sure, buy I think that
they have some protocol to follow during the questions. Anyway, it was
not nice first impression.

>  Getting a lot of questions is
> common in many countries, not just the US, even for American white
> males like me. (It's happened in Canada customs and Netherlands
> airport security for me, in addition to US customs for me once or
> twice.)

Same for me in London. They also where so rude when asking what I was
doing there. This is not particular from de US.

Sebas