Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf10 - call for Location proposals

El lun, 08-09-2008 a las 07:39 -0300, Gunnar Wolf escribió:

> AFAICT, at least from my experience (rules may differ for Europeans,
> as you don't need a separate visa), this point is not true. Mexican
> passports have never had fingerprints on, even though my government
> has them on several other official documents.
>
> USA visas do, however - My visa has my fingerprints and photos
> encoded
> in it. Maybe that's the reason they won't require us such a passport
> -
> because they trust more their visas than our passports :)

I entered to the US about one year ago with my Argentinean passport that
have fingerprint (here in Argentina we use the fingerprint for all kind
of IDs since many years) and the immigration officers taken another copy
of three of my fingerprints with a digital scanner. They also threatened
me with a very bad mood, and made me a lot of questions. That's why I
don't want to go back to the US again.

Sebas